Year-round attention on membership can ensure that your club remains a healthy, effective service resource in your community, but the month of May is a time to pay special attention to recruitment. In the Kiwanis world, May is Membership Month.
Kiwanis International and districts have resources and assistance to help your club in May or any time of the year. Here are a few tips to help your club begin planning its Membership Month activities:
Create a membership team, using the 1-2-3 method:
1. Get the right people on the committee, set goals and put the plan into action.
2. Keep goals visible to members and celebrate successes.
3. Recognize and reward members who contribute to your success.
Download materials at http://www.KiwanisOne.org/membership.
Get back to basics. Conduct a club assessment and community analysis to ensure your club’s membership experience is filled with fun, fellowship and meaningful service.
Try these ideas:
1. Create a buddy system by pairing active and inactive members.
2. Organize a homecoming meeting to celebrate club history and recent achievements.
3. Schedule a service project with your club’s Service Leadership Program members.
4. Send “We Miss You” messages to every member who misses two meetings in a row.
You’ll find missing member postcards in the Kiwanis Store .
Recognize members’ and club accomplishments at every meeting.
Share your club’s membership success story; email email@example.com.