Kiwanis International invites your club to join K-Kids clubs and Builders Clubs around the world for this year’s Global Service Project, which was announced during the Global Kickoff event on September 30. This year’s challenge: Host a book drive to encourage literacy and a love of reading in your community.
Follow these seven easy steps for carrying out a successful book drive:
- Identify where your club will donate books.
- Select and get approval for book drive dates and where books will be collected.
- Complete key planning tasks — gather supplies, create marketing and set up the book drive.
- Launch the book drive and check on progress.
- Sort and box books at the end of the drive.
- Donate the collected books.
- Report the book drive’s results. Visit this page and click on the form link to let Kiwanis International know the name of your club and how many books your club collected. In May, we’ll announce the clubs that participated in Global Service Project 2023!
Learn more about each step by watching the project video or downloading the “how to” sheet on the Global Kickoff webpage.